Hello everybody Alfie here. Today I want to share with you my Summer Learning Journey activity on creating a seaside story.  I used google slides to create an animation to go along with my story. I got inspired by this recent trip me and my family had to Wainui. I really enjoyed my trip to Wainui, my Dad brang along our Jetski which I had a ride on and we saw Dolphins and Blue Penguins! My story is about a cow who goes on an adventure on his Jetski, suddenly he falls off and gets stranded in the middle of the ocean! Luckily he gets saved by Dolphins who help him back to shore and become his new friends :).

My Story –

The Sun shone over Wainui Beach as the calm trees waved in the soft breeze.

Woosh! The Jetski sped through the crystal blue sea. “Ahhh!” yelled the black and white blur standing on top of it. It Was a Cow? 

Suddenly a humongous wave CRASHED into the Cow making him topple of the jetski into the depths of the sea. Cow opened his eyes to see himself surrounded by water, dark shadowy figures approaching him.

The Cow suddenly realized that they weren’t just dark shadowy figures, they were Hungry killer whales hungry for Cow!  

Cow swam up to where he could breathe and saw his jetski Moving out of sight. “Help help”  cow yelled tears ran down his face. He was gonna be those orcas’ next snack…

Just when the Cow thought hope was all gone 3 dolphins jumped in the way and saved the cow . “Get on our back”  the dolphins said “Quickly There’s not much time”!  

Cow was Rushed back to shore by the dolphins  and became best friends with them. “Thanks for saving me,” cow said  “No problem,”   the dolphins replied.

“We have to go”  “Bye” they said! “BYE”   cow said!

One thought on “summer learning journey seaside story

1. Kia ora Alfie,

Manar here from the Summer Learning Journey Team. Awesome creative writing! I love how you have used very descriptive vocabulary to describe the scenery of a beach and the use of the your senses of (touch, sound, sight…)I love how you have used your imagination and got the cow onto the beach and on a Jetski as well! Hahaha. Is there a backstory to how the own ended up on the beach?

Keep up the great work!
    Manar Mahmoud (SLJ)