Hi I’m Alfie and I went to my Nanny’s house to do a science experiment called Anti gravity

if you want to try this experiment listen carefully and follow my steps!

1st Take a glass and fill it up with water

2nd Get a card and cut it into a square and make sure it fits over the top of the glass

3rd then use your hand pressure and push and hold it hard so it sticks on

4th then go to the sink and flip it over gently

5th Final step take your hand off the card

and now the card should still be stuck to the glass and the water shouldn’t  escape.and that people is called air pressure

air pressure is pushing the card up whilst it is the water is being pushed down by gravity .the water and the card stay in the same place which means… the air pressure and gravity are equal

I hope I taught you something today have a great day!

2 thoughts on “Summer Learning Journey

1. Kia ora Alfie,

It’s Simon here from the Summer Learning Journey team. Great work on completing a Summer Learning Journey task! Ka pai!

Thanks for sharing this. You have written some very clear instructions on how to complete this experiment at home. You have followed the instructions well and have done a great job. It would be amazing to see a video of you completing the activity. It looks like it will be a fun experiment to see! What sort of paper did you use for this experiment? I tried this once and used paper that was just way too thin. I think it was almost like tissue paper. It did not work as well for me that time haha. I will need to try it again.

How is your summer going so far? What’s been the highlight for you so far? Mine has been going to the beach (…once) when it was hot enough. The beach was nice though. I had a good swim.

I can’t wait to see what you post next.

Ngā mihi,
    Simon (SLJ)